How to prepare for laser cataract eye surgery – Tips and Tricks
To remove cataracts and improve the quality of vision of many people eye surgery with lasers is a common procedure that they undergo. This type of surgery involves the use of a laser to break up and remove the clouded lens, which is then replaced with an artificial lens. This procedure has a high success rate, it’s important to properly prepare for it beforehand to ensure the best results possible. Here are some tips and tricks on how to prepare for laser cataract eye surgery.
- Schedule a consultation with your ophthalmologist – Undergoing any kind of eye surgery to have a thorough consultation with your ophthalmologist. During this appointment, they will examine your eyes and determine if you’re a good candidate for laser cataract eye surgery.
- Stop taking certain medications – Certain medications such as blood thinners may increase the risk of bleeding during or after the procedure. Your doctor may advise you to stop taking these medications before undergoing LenSx laser cataract eye surgery in Coushatta, LA.
- Arrange transportation – You won’t be able to drive yourself home after the procedure since your vision will be temporarily impaired, so make sure you arrange transportation ahead of time. Follow the specific instructions on what you eat or drink before the procedure, as well as what clothing you should wear on the day of your appointment. Rest before your surgery date well-rested and in good health when it comes time for treatment.
- Inform family members or friends about post-operative care requirements – Aftercare following laser cataract eye surgery is essential in ensuring proper healing occurs without complications. Inform family members or friends who’ll help take care by providing necessary support like transportation assistance etc
- Prepare meals in advance – Before going into recovery mode, ensure there are food supplies available at home. Preparing easy-to-eat healthy meals would go a long way in aiding quick recuperation. Refrain from partaking in exercises such as swimming, lifting heavy objects, etc until advised otherwise by medical personnel. Any activities that involve physical exertion or could cause injury until advised otherwise by medical personnel. Being aware that perfect sight might not be achieved immediately but over time helps prevent frustration expected from unrealistic expectations.
Laser Cataract Eye Surgery provides relief against cloudy vision caused by Cataracts. Proper preparation goes a long way towards achieving desired outcomes while minimizing chances for complications occurring recommended consulting an ophthalmologist before undertaking this surgical procedure. Following pre-operation instructions given and having adequate post-operative care would aid in faster healing times leading back to normalcy quicker than envisaged.